Hot Rock Paving - Don't get Tar & Chip

Update added by user Jul 29

The William Hodgson team at Hot Rock Paving has restored my faith in Tar and Chip (I wish I could change the title of this review).

Hot Rock Paving was true to their word and more than fully honored the warranty even going above and beyond the call of duty.To me a company is only as good as their word and William Hodgson more than honored the warranty by providing upgraded product as no expense to ensure the job was done right.

There is a stigma attached to paving companies as there is with vacuum sales (which is our business).

I was doubtful to what degree they would honor the warranty, but they did and more! They didn't just come and fill pot holes and resurface with the same product as before, they clearly provided upgraded materials at their expense and were thorough in their attention to detail.

Hot Rock Paving was as baffled as I was when they saw the result after one season. They special ordered a much heavier aggregate than what I originally purchased and they filled the potholes with an even heavier aggregate and tar asphalt before applying the top coat instead of the recycled asphalt we originated opted for because it was less expensive.

Regarding the emulsion, it was very evident that their new emulsion is much thicker and sticky and unlike the first time, the stones are cemented firmly in place.

I don't have doubt that this will hold up.

Thank you Hot Rock Paving and the William Hodgson family for going above and beyond.No company likes the expense of warranty, the fact that Hot Rock paving was so thorough speaks to the generations of Hodgson's who've been doing this and still have the same commitment to quality and customer service.

Update added by user Nov 19, 2015

We have been in contact with Hot Rock Paving and said they will completely 'redo' the job next Spring under warranty as it is too late into the year the season.

Original review posted by user Nov 05, 2015

We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive.

The product did not hold up and within a couple month there were areas where the stone washed away and looked like it hadn't even have liquid asphalt applied.

I would not recommend having Tar & Chip applied by this company. They said they had a warranty but when it came time to honor their warranty they did not fix the problem. Or perhaps they visited after hours and saw just how terrible it was and figured it was too costly for them to fix their work.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Warranty issue
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 24 #1100276

it looks like to me that the puddle in the background is coming from underneath your asphalt it looks in the picture like they put a heavy coat of Tar on you should really look into getting that huge puddle fixed it would stop a lot of your problems

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.