Resolved

Update by user Jul 29, 2016

The William Hodgson team at Hot Rock Paving has restored my faith in Tar and Chip (I wish I could change the title of this review).

Hot Rock Paving was true to their word and more than fully honored the warranty even going above and beyond the call of duty.To me a company is only as good as their word and William Hodgson more than honored the warranty by providing upgraded product as no expense to ensure the job was done right.

There is a stigma attached to paving companies as there is with vacuum sales (which is our business).

I was doubtful to what degree they would honor the warranty, but they did and more! They didn't just come and fill pot holes and resurface with the same product as before, they clearly provided upgraded materials at their expense and were thorough in their attention to detail.

Hot Rock Paving was as baffled as I was when they saw the result after one season. They special ordered a much heavier aggregate than what I originally purchased and they filled the potholes with an even heavier aggregate and tar asphalt before applying the top coat instead of the recycled asphalt we originated opted for because it was less expensive.

Regarding the emulsion, it was very evident that their new emulsion is much thicker and sticky and unlike the first time, the stones are cemented firmly in place.

I don't have doubt that this will hold up.

Thank you Hot Rock Paving and the William Hodgson family for going above and beyond.No company likes the expense of warranty, the fact that Hot Rock paving was so thorough speaks to the generations of Hodgson's who've been doing this and still have the same commitment to quality and customer service.

Update by user Nov 19, 2015

We have been in contact with Hot Rock Paving and said they will completely 'redo' the job next Spring under warranty as it is too late into the year the season.

Original review posted by user Nov 05, 2015

We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive.

The product did not hold up and within a couple month there were areas where the stone washed away and looked like it hadn't even have liquid asphalt applied.

I would not recommend having Tar & Chip applied by this company. They said they had a warranty but when it came time to honor their warranty they did not fix the problem. Or perhaps they visited after hours and saw just how terrible it was and figured it was too costly for them to fix their work.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of hot rock paving tar and chip paving and associated monetary loss in the amount of $20000. Hot Rock Paving needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned hot rock paving tar and chip paving in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Hot Rock Paving.

Had an Experience with Hot Rock Paving?

Comments

it looks like to me that the puddle in the background is coming from underneath your asphalt it looks in the picture like they put a heavy coat of Tar on you should really look into getting that huge puddle fixed it would stop a lot of your problems