Hot Rock Paving - Don't get Tar & Chip
Update added by user Jul 29
The William Hodgson team at Hot Rock Paving has restored my faith in Tar and Chip (I wish I could change the title of this review).
Hot Rock Paving was true to their word and more than fully honored the warranty even going above and beyond the call of duty.To me a company is only as good as their word and William Hodgson more than honored the warranty by providing upgraded product as no expense to ensure the job was done right.
There is a stigma attached to paving companies as there is with vacuum sales (which is our business).
I was doubtful to what degree they would honor the warranty, but they did and more! They didn't just come and fill pot holes and resurface with the same product as before, they clearly provided upgraded materials at their expense and were thorough in their attention to detail.
Hot Rock Paving was as baffled as I was when they saw the result after one season. They special ordered a much heavier aggregate than what I originally purchased and they filled the potholes with an even heavier aggregate and tar asphalt before applying the top coat instead of the recycled asphalt we originated opted for because it was less expensive.
Regarding the emulsion, it was very evident that their new emulsion is much thicker and sticky and unlike the first time, the stones are cemented firmly in place.
I don't have doubt that this will hold up.
Thank you Hot Rock Paving and the William Hodgson family for going above and beyond.No company likes the expense of warranty, the fact that Hot Rock paving was so thorough speaks to the generations of Hodgson's who've been doing this and still have the same commitment to quality and customer service.
Update added by user Nov 19, 2015
We have been in contact with Hot Rock Paving and said they will completely 'redo' the job next Spring under warranty as it is too late into the year the season.
Original review posted by user Nov 05, 2015
We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive.
The product did not hold up and within a couple month there were areas where the stone washed away and looked like it hadn't even have liquid asphalt applied.
I would not recommend having Tar & Chip applied by this company. They said they had a warranty but when it came time to honor their warranty they did not fix the problem. Or perhaps they visited after hours and saw just how terrible it was and figured it was too costly for them to fix their work.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hot Rock Paving Tar And Chip Paving
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "I have not been in my home for six months and everyday I notice things that are wrong with my home from squeaky floors to pushed nails, cracks in the..."
- "Joseph E. Prada (or Joseph E. Prado) agreed to install laminate floors on the second floor in my mom's house - a total of 800 sq feet. The total work..."
- "Created Diamonds are NOT created diamonds. I took the items I bid on to a Jeweller. They are a very poor grade of cubic zircon. PLEASE save your money for..."
- "I recently took my car to Nissan in Hamilton to have the rear right axle seal fixed...it was under warranty. My local mechanic noticed it was leaking and suggested..."
- "You can deal with BogRay construction only if you do NOT care about quality of job, terms and money BogRay Construction supposed to do complete apartment renovation in 2 month, which..."
- "I love I love kickboxing hence the name :) it's like burning massive calories at a party, cause the music is pumping and you just have fun whilst working out...."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."
- "5RB Solicitors of 5 Raymond Buildings in London are dishonest and tell lies to the High Court. Thus they should be avoided and are not fit to practice law. Deceiving the judiciary..."